Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tim Tebow & John 3:16

As we watch other celebrities compromise and lead lives in the world's mold, there is one guy that continues to stand out and stand firm for Christ. He has become known for not only his incredible talent on the football field but also his love for Christ. My first encounter with Tim Tebow was about a few months ago when Kayla M. "introduced me." Then a friend sent me this article from the Baptist Press here, and I was impressed with more than his football skills.

You've got to hear what Tim had to say:

"I was recently doing an interview with a nationally known sports reporter," Tebow said. "She said, 'Now that you've graduated from college, are going to the NFL, will make a lot of money, everybody will know your name and want your autograph ... because of all that, do you count your life as a success?' "I told her, yes, I count my life as successful," Tebow said. "But not because I'm famous or won two national championships or the Heisman or going to the NFL, it's because I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ."


"I've been on a lot of teams with people who are successful in the world's eyes," he said. "They've made a lot of money. They've been first-round picks. They should be extremely happy but they're not because they're missing something. They're missing what's most important -- Jesus Christ."

To find out more about Tim's family, where he was born, and how he views his career, click here.

2 comments:

  1. aah. its kayla m! lol i loveee it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tim Tebow Every Florida Gators football Game I Watched last I looked up the Scripture he had on his face the Sad part is that they are Making Tim take the Scripture of his face for the NFL that makes me very sad I Love Tim Tebow he is my all time Favorite Pearson

    ReplyDelete